Development of Touch Freee Intelligent Faucet
Automatic faucets were first developed in the 1950s but were not produced for commercial use until the late 1980s when they first appeared to the general public at airport lavatories. They have gradually become commonplace in more developed countries.
1-2. Conventional Automatic Faucet
Traditional automatic faucet or tap (also hands-free faucet, touchless faucet, electronic faucet, motion sensing faucet, sensor faucet, or infrared faucet) is a faucet equipped with a motion detector and mechanism that opens its valve to allow water to flow in response to the presence of a hand or hands in close proximity.
1-3. Advantages of touch free automatic faucet
- Automatic faucets are water saving devices, helping save 70% of the water.
- The touch free function can inhibit the spread of germs which are known to thrive on faucet handles.
- The preset functions helps prevent or mitigate scalding incidents caused by hot water flowing out of the faucet.
1-4. The Trend
The advantages of the touch free automatic faucet hence well known will be the trend of the future faucet industry. But due to the complicate function required for the residencial kitchen and lavatory, thirty years passed, engineers in the faucet industry still unable to develop a completely touch free automatic faucet for the modern kitchen and bathroom. 2. Challenges
More challenges for kitchen and lavatory: Conventional automatic faucets are typically controlled by a single electronic sensor to toggle on-off water flow, in which the water temperature is preset to a specified value.
- Most applications, such as uses in the kitchens, lavatories, and commercial applications, require various adjustments on water flow and temperature.
- With a conventional touch free faucet; a user wishes to fill up a sink or a container with water, the user must keep a hand within the sensor detection zone to keep the water continuously flowing. The continuous flow function is required for the kitchen and bathroom faucet.
- A residential touch free faucet need to be able to allow users to work in the vicinity of the faucet without triggering the water flow sensor and wasting unnecessary water.
- A function to reset the rate of water flow and temperature is required to prevent scalding the following user and to conserve water.
The advantages of Touch Free Function of the faucet will create a very wide application and will the the trend of the future faucet industry.
A hands-free, germ-free future - Plumbing & Mechanical Magazine Editorial
- The touch free function for residential kitchen can reduce germ spread especially when handling meat or some row food. The water temperature and flow adjustment function and save, preset function make the kitchen work more convenient and personal hygine.
- For medical offices, hospitals and laboratories, the touch free function of faucet will reduce contamination and spread of germs.
- For commercial lavatory such as airport and restaurants for water saving and personal hygine.
- The maximum water temperature setting function can prevent scalding for using in senior home, disable people or kids school etc..